Who knew talking bathrooms could be so much fun?
Our second Smart Remodeling Workshop, Bathroom Revival: Big Ideas for Your Small Space, was definitely a blast. We had a great turn out of Kansas City area homeowners and enjoyed seeing some old and many new faces. Thanks so much to everyone who could make it!
Schloegel Designer Megan Bringman talked about the biggest trends in bathrooms right now, while Melodie Jurgeson, showroom manager of Grandview Winnelson Company, discussed all the toilet and tub options on the market. Moen Representative Sean Blachford showed us all the great choices when designing your perfect shower. To top it off, we got to show off some of our favorite products and materials in our showroom, as well as give away fabulous door prizes.
“Learning about the different trends out there and getting to ask questions was the best part,” said one attendee.
“It was great!”
In case you weren’t able to make it, we covered everything from storage innovations to showering valves. Here are a few pointers from our presenters:
- Cabinetry pullouts and medicine cabinets can save space and keep your bathroom counters organized.
- Luxury items like heated floors or heated towel bars are more accessible than one would think.
- Liveable Design has gotten a makeover in the last decade. Grab bars, for example, look more like shower design accents than necessities.
- Freestanding tubs can come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are a great investment for relaxation and resale.
- Toilet bidet combinations are all the rage in bathrooms. Also, flush-less toilets are a must-have if you’re renovating a bathroom.
- Showers aren’t just for cleaning anymore. You can design a “spa” shower with multiple spray functions and water-pressure options.
- Don’t be afraid to be bold in your bathroom! It’s a great place to experiment with bold colors and textiles.
We’ll announce the details for our upcoming workshop, discussing current home trends, soon!
Thinking about a bathroom remodel? Contact us today!