Refrigerator remodel

Last updated on January 1, 1970


I am getting a new refrigerator that is larger than the space the current one is in. I would like to relocate the frig to a different area, but there is a wall vent (for heat and air conditioning) there. Can this be moved so that the air comes out under the cupboard next to the refrigerator? If so, is this difficult?

– Linda


This is not a job for the un-trained homeowner. It will require you to perform sheet metal work and some carpentry – both ruff and trim. If you feel like you are capable of doing this type of work then go for it. If not, hire a professional remodeler to complete the work. It could cost up to a thousand dollars, now remember this is a sight-unseen guess estimate, so get a price to see if it is worth it to you.

Got a remodeling question for Jake? Post your question here.