We hope you and your family are doing well amongst the challenging time we’re living through. We are providing an update regarding our working practices during COVID-19 and how we continue to work professionally and responsibly.
While construction was considered essential through Kansas City’s Stay-at-Home order, we made the difficult decision, when the order was first enacted, to pause our construction. This pause allowed us to restructure our schedules to accommodate social distancing, create new safety measures and guidelines, and most importantly keep our clients and team members safe.
As our team members have returned to work here are a few of the safety measures they are following on job sites to continue our company’s effort to help slow the spread.
- Every individual on-site, including our team, trade partners, and clients will turn in a daily safety survey regarding their health each day.
- Gloves and eye protection are recommended when on-site. Masks are also required on projects with more than one individual on-site.
- A designated portable hand cleaning area will be set up at each site which includes an operable sink and hand sanitizer.
- The Lead Carpenter on each job site will disinfect commonly touched surfaces throughout the day with extra attention at the start and close of each workday.
- All individuals will maintain at least 6 ft between themselves and others and no more than two individuals are to work in one room at any time. At times, our team may need to be within 6 feet of each other when lifting heavy or unwieldy items. When that task is complete, they will return to standard social distancing protocols.
- No unauthorized job site visitors are allowed on Schloegel job sites.
- No sharing of tools.
- Team members are discouraged from trips during the day and all materials should either be delivered or purchased at the beginning or end of the workday
Learn more about our safety measures on job sites and in our office. We will continue to update our practices and processes as CDC guidelines change.
For the past 40 years, we’ve been remodeling homes in Kansas City professionally and responsibly. Through our years of experience, we’ve created and refined a process enabling us to provide our clients with the ultimate client experience, which is our mission. Through our process, we’re able to provide you with five deliverables before the construction even begins including architectural plans, the scope of work, material specifications, a lump sum fixed contract price, and your project’s timeline. If during this time you’ve discovered your home could stand a little update – a fresh coat of paint, more counter space, or even a new addition we’d be honored to help. Learn more about our process or give us a call at 816-361-9669 to speak to one of the experts on our team.
Thank you for continued support,
Charlie Schloegel and Chris Peterson